Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Has it really been two weeks?

Yes, I guess it has. See what happens when you get a round to it?

I've been so busy with my life that I needed a gentle reminder yesterday that there are some of you out there who anxiously await a new blog from me (more than once every two weeks)

I just happen to have taken pictures of one of our garden friends yesterday morning.

In my last post I had a photo of a small grayish/greenish baby? praying mantis. Remember it?
Well the dog, in all of his cuteness had to go outside for his morning business. This is the dog, his name is Teeko. Isn't he cute?

So while the dog is running around in the yard protecting us from everything that might have walked past in the night I glance over to my left and see some grass stuck on the grill. I have to admit I squealed a bit when the grass moved as I got closer to it. Turns out, the mantis has grown and gotten its bright green color. I'm going to pretend it is one of the locals from 'round the other side of the house, same guy I took pictures of two weeks ago... yes? humor me. I'd like to think the neighbors are happy with us.

And I've watched so many episodes of CSI I know how important it is to include something in a photo so you have an idea of its actual size. Scale? I believe its called. I didn't happen to have a dollar bill handy, but I did have a bottle cap. So there you go. You can see that it really is just a tiny little thing, but way cool in all its perfect smallness.

I will gladly take suggestions for a name for this neighbor of mine. I plan on keeping an eye out and snapping pictures if he happens to hang around for the summer.

6 comments:

Jazz said...

Beer caps?

The reason you have no dollar bills is because you spend it all on beer... ;-)

I'm loving the bug. I found a real cool nest of garter snakes at the cottage last weekend. Too bad I don't have a camera.

I love creepy crawleys

frau424 said...

awww, sweet teeko, he IS cute!!!
hugs
D.

Jocelyn said...

Jolly Green Giant, he is. Great photos!

Lhia said...

beer cap doesn't belong to me jazz... LOL
snakes...ew.

desert, he is a pain , but a cute pain

jocelyn
I like that JGG mantis it is. I havn't seen him out and about in the past few days. I wonder if he is still around.

Toni said...

Oh I just saw this! Teeko is cute, give him a love tap from me.

Anonymous said...

Teeko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mantis. :)