Wednesday, June 13, 2007

So now...

That I've gotten a roundtoit. I've been pretty busy doing stuff.
More recently, spending time in the garden and getting my seedlings that

are now finally grown up... out into the big old world. (the side flowerbed of the yard really)
The tomato plants were getting too big for their pots and were also tall enough for the cat
to think they were quite fun to bat around. Before they died I figured I should get them outside where hopefully, they will grow.




I've also managed to keep a few herbs away from the cat. I think I will just leave these inside, It doesn't look like they will get much bigger.
And while trimming the forsythia bush back a bit, I noticed some movement... before I screamed ( I hate spiders, and its ALWAYS a spider) I realized
that it wasnt a spider this time, in fact, it appeared to be a pair of baby praying mantis (manti?)
I couldnt only find one of them after I ran inside to grab the camera.
At least, it sure looks like a praying mantis, although I have never seen one this small before. It was probably no more than 2 inches long. I thought it was pretty cool that we had baby mantises? what is the plural for that anyway....

5 comments:

frau424 said...

oh i love it, hope your tomatoes grow.
thanks for sharing
love u
D.

Jazz said...

Cool! I love bugs.

Toni said...

I love it! I read this a long time ago and forgot to respond.

I see your pussy ;) (hee)

Anonymous said...

mantii? LOL I don't know!

Anonymous said...

mantii? LOL I don't know!