Thursday, June 7, 2007

Get a round to it!


Feeling stretchy and fragile still, but feeling grateful for it.
Life is good, so says my shirt
And I have a matching leather bracelet from the same store that says
Do what you like Like what you do.



Famous words eh?
I try to do what I like... writing, making jewelry, drawing...


Like what I do seems to be the bigger issue here. Fear is keeping me from my studio. Part of this stretchy feeling that I am experiencing is my energy expanding and stretching my insides. And then UN-stretching *after the growth everything stops stretching but it doesnt really go back the way it was*( Is that even a word?) is leaving all of this space inside. I don't want the space that has been created to fill up with MORE fear and therefore, I am trying to fill it up with creative ideas, thoughts, energy and self love.

So I've been working hard on not caring so much about what others think of me, or what I do. About not taking on other peoples "stuff" . ( I still do it, but not as often and I'm more aware of it). I need to just jump... leap into my creative self and just get it out there. (like writing this blog, seriously I talk myself out of posting stuff ALL the time.)

There is always a reason not to, something always comes up. I'll blog, write, journal, create, paint, draw (insert your own here) when I get around to it. Its always when I get around to it.
No more excuses. I have a solution to my "I'll get around to it" problem.


I stopped worrying what people would think of me for making crazy blog posts filled with pictures that only I care about. But I remember that, after all this blog really is about me , isn't it? and I'd snap a few pictures with my cell phone and see what kind of pictures I can get.

and in a sudden fit of creativity....




I made some art from crap in my desk...I made a "round to it". One big one for me
and several small ones for friends. No more excuses... here's your "round to it"
get it?



3 comments:

Toni said...

What a great post.

And it's so true...once you start jumping and not having excuses you just DO it. The fear goes away (not completely, but that's a given).

I keep putting off things I have to do for Italy because if I actually do them it makes it more real. If I don't do them, I'm not going (even though I am).

Jazz said...

And about time I say.

Who cares what people think? They can only keep you away from what you want to do (cause I'm betting when people give you positive feedback it counts much less than the what if they think xyz stuff, eh?)

Geez girl, you've seen my blog, you know how much total imbecility goes into it. People don't like, they don't have to read. End of story. Who cares that they think!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that! I love love love it. Finding your blog made my morning!