Monday, June 4, 2007

part 2

June 2, 2007
Thanks for being patient with me. After not posting for so long I didn’t want to scare you all off with an extra long post that you might have gotten tired reading through. So back to my “shifting” shall we…

As I was saying, Toni pulled a power thought card on the evening of May 16th

“The Ocean of life is lavish with its abundance. All my needs and desires are met before I even ask. My good comes from everywhere and everyone and everything.”

The next day (May 17th) I sat down in the morning with my coffee and opened my email to find a gem of a post from The Daily Om horoscope.The topic for the day was UNDERSTANDING ABUNDANCE. *enter twilight zone music* This is what it had to say.
“You may look about you and see many reasons to feel grateful today. The success you have achieved in a professional arena and your personal triumphs can both contribute to a growing sense of satisfaction that leaves you feeling eager to pay tribute to the universe that has blessed your life so completely. As you contemplate different ways of articulating your gratitude, you will likely discover that you have a new found appreciation for the relative level of your prosperity. You may be suddenly struck today by the fact that you have earned and acquired so much during this lifetime, and this fact can take you down a diverse range of emotional paths.
When we articulate the gratitude we feel for the blessing s we have received throughout our lives, our perception of those blessings becomes more refined and we gain a better understanding of our own relative abundance. It is easy to accept the erroneous belief that we are somehow deprived when we compare ourselves to others instead of considering our prosperity as a standalone entity. To feel a deep appreciation for our abundance that exists in isolation from worldly comparisons, we must first allow ourselves to feel thankful for all we have. As learn gratitude, we see we have been blessed with a level of affluence and success that is indicative of both our grace and of the goodness yet to come. Your desire to give thanks for your life’s bounty today will help you gain a more thoughtful conception of your individual circumstances.”


I wrote in my journal that day , reflections on abundance. I am really making a conscious effort to be AWARE of the multitude of abundance that I am immersed in, surrounded by.

G.K. Chesterton said “Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
And Thomas Merton said “We must be true inside, true to ourselves, before we can know a truth that is outside us. But we make ourselves true inside by manifesting the truth as we see it.”

Always, I really do always have enough. My bills are paid, I have a new truck, a new laptop, a full time job with benefits, wonderful friends, a beautiful girlfriend, my health, a roof over my head, food to eat, running water, clothes to wear… I could go on and on and list 100 things. I have already done that, in my personal journal. But I challenge you, reader to write down a list of 100 things that YOU are grateful for. You won’t be sorry.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

I'll keep the list for when I'm feeling ungrateful...

Jocelyn said...

This reminds me of Oprah's "gratitude journal," which is such a great idea--be conscious, deliberate, and aware of everything that is soooo good.